Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

Technical Indicators

Welcome to ForexAbode Forex Forum. Introduce, complain, criticize or just fool around. Know and grow together to make this forum and forexAbode.com a better place for everyone. Do introduce yourself here but please avoid spam as we strive hard to make this Forex community a place for mutual help.
Image

Technical Indicators

Postby Ronak » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Hello Himanshu,

I was wondering what time frames you tend to look at for your charts? Also what technical indicator combination do you use to determine a reversal for trends? I know there are a lot of indicators, however I like to find out what everyone's favorite indicators are. I like to compare them to mine. I have been trading for 1 week, with a deposit of $5000. Currently I am at $5900. I like to look at the 5/15/30 minute chart to buy or short. I like to buy or short based off if all my indicators are showing a good signal to buy or short. I also put a stop-loss in case of a fake-out. I really do not like to hold any positions before I log off my account. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

You must of been trading for some time now. Based on your experience, what technical indicators have been the most consistent for you before you make an entry point.

- Ronak
Ronak
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby Himanshu » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Ronak wrote:Hello Himanshu,

I was wondering what time frames you tend to look at for your charts? Also what technical indicator combination do you use to determine a reversal for trends? I know there are a lot of indicators, however I like to find out what everyone's favorite indicators are. I like to compare them to mine. I have been trading for 1 week, with a deposit of $5000. Currently I am at $5900. I like to look at the 5/15/30 minute chart to buy or short. I like to buy or short based off if all my indicators are showing a good signal to buy or short. I also put a stop-loss in case of a fake-out. I really do not like to hold any positions before I log off my account. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

You must of been trading for some time now. Based on your experience, what technical indicators have been the most consistent for you before you make an entry point.

- Ronak


Hi Ronak,

1) Basically I trade for both, short-term positions which may last for one day or maximum 2 and longer term which may even for for a week or more.

2) I always start with daily chart for the overall mid-term direction and then hourly chart. For short-term trades I also check 15 minutes chart for entry/exit.

3) For indicators I like to keep it simple. My favorites are EMA crossovers, Fibonacci retracements and Ichimoku cloud but I also keep a track of ADX and MACD. I mentione some of these in the weekend outlook/analysis. But yes, I also keep an eye on the fundamentals/economic releases.

4) I never make my decision for entry/exit based on confirmation of multiple indicators. I may use complementing indicators like ADX for strength indicaton and then MACD or Ichimoku or EMA crossovers for entry exit. I keep on posting some articles in the technical analysis/indicator section (not the analysis it self but learning/refining the analysis page). In fact I would love to have other traders sharing their strategies etc also :)
User avatar
Himanshu
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby Kevin » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 am

Himanshu wrote:
Ronak wrote:Hello Himanshu,

I was wondering what time frames you tend to look at for your charts? Also what technical indicator combination do you use to determine a reversal for trends? I know there are a lot of indicators, however I like to find out what everyone's favorite indicators are. I like to compare them to mine. I have been trading for 1 week, with a deposit of $5000. Currently I am at $5900. I like to look at the 5/15/30 minute chart to buy or short. I like to buy or short based off if all my indicators are showing a good signal to buy or short. I also put a stop-loss in case of a fake-out. I really do not like to hold any positions before I log off my account. I would appreciate any advice you can give.

You must of been trading for some time now. Based on your experience, what technical indicators have been the most consistent for you before you make an entry point.

- Ronak



2) I always start with daily chart for the overall mid-term direction and then hourly chart. For short-term trades I also check 15 minutes chart for entry/exit.

3) For indicators I like to keep it simple.

4) I never make my decision for entry/exit based on confirmation of multiple indicators.



I agree with the quoted points and it's really important to keep an eye on charts of different time frame.
Kevin
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:27 am
Location: London

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby HabenKenis » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:27 am

This Trading strategies are essential for the success of business.
HabenKenis
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:21 am
Location: Parkland,FL,33076

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby Haley12 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

Himanshu thanks to share your trading style. One more query for you. Which currency pair do you trade?
User avatar
Haley12
Senior Member
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:00 am

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby Himanshu » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 am

Haley12 wrote:Himanshu thanks to share your trading style. One more query for you. Which currency pair do you trade?


Mainly EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, USD/CHF, AUD/JPY, AUD/USD... in fact to make it simple, the 8 currency pairs for which ForexAbode also updates the analysis. Out of these EUR/USD takes the first place.
User avatar
Himanshu
 
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:04 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby bestforexpartners » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:58 am

Thanks for sharing such valuable strategies with us. Yes I agree that these strategies are very useful for the traders and especially for the starters of forex. I would like to appreciate your efforts.
bestforexpartners
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:48 am

Re: Technical Indicators

Postby mehedi275 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:58 pm

In this post I want to say you that Forex is a risky trading company. So, at first you must know how the indicators work. Indicators sometimes go up and sometimes go low. Which is the better for you? To get Brokers support you should contact Capital One Forex Ltd. our Website is---- www.capitaloneforex.com. Please contact as soon as possible.
mehedi275
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:22 pm


Return to Why not Introduce Yourself? well, I am Forex Abode from Tokyo ;)

 

Who is online on Forum

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]