Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

Are You Addicted to Trading?

Share and discuss your analysis, opinions or simply the gut feeling about the possible market direction, trends and/or possibilities for any reversals in this forum.

Are You Addicted to Trading?

Postby MrThind » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 am

How do you know if you're already addicted to trading and not just passionate about it? Here are a few questions you should consider asking yourself:

Do I often find myself still trading even after I have told myself to stop?
Has trading created problems in my relationships with other people?
Has trading caused me financial problems?
Have I ever been told that I'm trading too much and that I should stop?
Do I consider myself a big risk-taker, betting more than what I know I should on certain trades?
Have I tried to erase my losses by increasing my positions?
Are there times when I trade just because I'm bored?
Do I feel the pain of losing more intense than feeling of satisfaction I get from winning?

If you've answered yes to all or most of the questions, take a deep breath and calm down. It's not the end of the world. There are a few ways that you can get over your addiction to trading.
MrThind

Re: Are You Addicted to Trading?

Postby brokersstarsagent » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 am

If trading is an addiction, I don't want to be cured. It's my bread and butter. If I stop then I'll go hungry.
http://brokers-star.com
Twitter: Brokers Star
brokersstarsagent

Postby highway » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:45 am

MrThind wrote: Do I often find myself still trading even after I have told myself to stop?
Has trading created problems in my relationships with other people?
Has trading caused me financial problems?
Have I ever been told that I'm trading too much and that I should stop?
Are there times when I trade just because I'm bored?

These question look like the therapy for alcoholics))) And I believe that if trader answered positive on at least half of them, he is not only addicted, he also doesn't have any trading strategy,
highway

Postby Shawnmichal » Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

Trading can't be an addiction, definitely it needs time and attention. The extent to which trading is done depends from person to person, whether its a full time job or just part time.
Its good to perform trading on part time basis only :!:
http://www.fx-insights.com
Shawnmichal

Postby uncle gober » Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Not stop trading not mean addicted to trading, to be a successful trader in the trading forex world takes unyielding spirit, but this does not mean we are constantly trading in any condition, there are times when we must pause from trading, reflect and analyze our trading to become more well the next day.
Become IB of Tickmill
uncle gober

Location: Become IB of Tickmill - ( $6 per lot on a Classic and $2 per lot on ECN Pro and VIP accounts )

Postby Pet141 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Trading is a form of gambling and you can have gambling additions. Who here isn't excited by the prospect of making a big winning trade. I'm not sure if I am addicted yet (although I do think about it all the time). I guess that the important thing is to know when you are addicted before you loose all your money!
Pet141

Postby andredaily » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 pm

How do we know if we are already addicted to trading?
Andre Daily
forexreviewjournal.com
andredaily

Postby Henry » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:41 pm

I think when we are doing something on a consistent basis than its likely we might become addicted to it just like we are addicted to internet or mobile phones so same goes with Forex when we do it for years it automatically becomes addiction which is not bad not neither is great.
Henry

Postby orni308 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:59 am

No iam a part time trader and iam not addicted to trading, i am very aware that i should enjoy trading rather than getting addicted and get in stress.
orni308

Postby Sydney Callaway » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Yes, I am addicted to trading and so much that I have even given up my job for this, but I won’t say I am crazy to do that instead it’s due to the profits that I am able to earn from here and that’s what made me addicted. It is boosted further due to OctaFX broker and their superb scheme that includes low spread of 0.2 pips, high leverage up to 1.500 and really ideal customer service too which is 24 hours available.
Sydney Callaway

Next

Return to What Do You Think? Your 2 Cents...