Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

My Real Trades

The forum for sharing your live Forex trades. We invite our esteemed members to share their trade positions by opening your own thread. It would not only be interesting but will serve as a mutual trading aid.

My Real Trades

Postby Himanshu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:05 am

I decided to open this thread for my real trades. I will try to post some of my real trades on real account here. Please note that it will not be possible to post all trades but i will do whenever is possible. Some may be for day trading and some for a longer duration. Please understand that this is not some kind of show off. It is more for putting the success and failures in the open. We see appreciation and criticism both everyday :). a couple of positions go bad and some people say that the analysis is not good, while there are some other people who know the games of averages in Forex trading. The success lies in having more number of profitable positions than losing trades and more rewards than risks. All criticism is welcome as that is the only way to improve. And improvement has no limits.

We also welcome other traders to open their threads for their positions. For posting the charts you and use the "Img" button while having the chart uploaded on some web album like picasaweb etc. The right click on your uploaded picture will tell you about the URL of your picture (under properties) and you may paste the URL between (IMG]9/IMG] code which we get when we press the "Img" button on top.

You may please subscribe to this forum or even this thread to get email alerts when new trade position is posted. The option to subscribe is near the bottom.
Himanshu

Re: My Real Trades

Postby Himanshu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:13 am

As soon as I took this buy position for USD/CHF and before I could post it, the price jumped up and missed the take-profit target by a few pips. I am holding.

Entry: 0.7661
Stop-loss: 0.7597
Take profit: 0.7742 (I will revise it to 0.4438)

Chart of my trading account:

Himanshu

Re: My Real Trades

Postby Himanshu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 am

I was in a hurry to enter the trade to post it and went against my principle. Generally I place take profit a coupl of pips lower than the whole numbers. In a hurry i put it at 0.7736 or 0.7738, I put it a couple of pips above 40 i.e. 0.7742. Just missed the take-profit target but holding it with changed S/L and T/P as per the following chart. I may change the S/L and T/P again.

Himanshu

EUR/USD buy position

Postby Himanshu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:23 am

Bought EUR/USD

Himanshu

EUR/USD on weekend

Postby Himanshu » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 am

I generally avoid taking any position during the weekend. The new week begining is always a bit out of control and secondly the spread on weekend is more than the normal.

So this position is breaking that rule and some other rules as well. I will be putting the stop-loss in the morning. Somtimes during the early hours of a new week there is some unexpected spile for a few moments and I do not wish that to take out the position. The stop-loss issue is covered because being in Japan, I can wake up very close to the opening hours in Australia/New Zealand :)

I will be following up with the results as this position is a bit odd for my tastes and style of trading.

Himanshu

Re: EUR/USD on weekend

Postby Himanshu » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Himanshu wrote:I generally avoid taking any position during the weekend. The new week begining is always a bit out of control and secondly the spread on weekend is more than the normal.

So this position is breaking that rule and some other rules as well. I will be putting the stop-loss in the morning. Somtimes during the early hours of a new week there is some unexpected spile for a few moments and I do not wish that to take out the position. The stop-loss issue is covered because being in Japan, I can wake up very close to the opening hours in Australia/New Zealand :)

I will be following up with the results as this position is a bit odd for my tastes and style of trading.

Closed with 30 pips loss.
Himanshu

EUR/USD reverse

Postby Himanshu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:19 am

Himanshu

EUR/USD New position

Postby Himanshu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 am

Tow position strategy. I had lost some 30 pips in morning and made up for those by 60 pips in scalping which i generally avoid and then some more on another EUR/USD position posted above. This is new position.
Himanshu

Re: EUR/USD New position

Postby Himanshu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:08 am

Himanshu wrote:Tow position strategy. I had lost some 30 pips in morning and made up for those by 60 pips in scalping which i generally avoid and then some more on another EUR/USD position posted above. This is new position.

Sorry. Withinn minutes the position met the take-profit target even when i had moved the take-profit target higher. Holding another limit order as it is. Mde some 30 pips with this within 10 minutes. Basis was the fundamentals and technicals.

Himanshu

Re: EUR/USD New position

Postby Himanshu » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:18 am

Himanshu wrote:
Sorry. Withinn minutes the position met the take-profit target even when i had moved the take-profit target higher. Holding another limit order as it is. Mde some 30 pips with this within 10 minutes. Basis was the fundamentals and technicals.

Opened 2 more position. Also holding the limit order.

Himanshu

Next

Return to Real Time Trade Positions