Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

COZfx: USD/JPY gains on solid US jobless claims report

Dive deeper into the fundamentals of the market. If you come across any major Forex related news item or wish to share your opinions and ideas related to the local or global economy, this forum is the place for you. Share the news and views about Fundamental Analysis and economic events here.

COZfx: USD/JPY gains on solid US jobless claims report

Postby dwang » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:23 am

COZforex: The dollar edged higher against the yen on Thursday after data revealed fewer sought first-time joblessness assistance in the US last week than markets were expecting.

In US trading, USD/JPY was up 0.17% at 106.10, up from a session low of 105.51 and off a high of 106.33. COZFX strategist Nigel Boynton said, USD/JPY is predicted to find support at 104.97, and a drop through could take it to the next support line of 103.93. Meanwhile, the pair is predicted to find its first resistance at 107.29, and a rise through could take it to the next resistance line of 108.55.

Japan’s machine tool orders advanced 34.7% on an annual basis in September, after it had risen 35.5% in August. The BoJ Governor, Haruhiko Kuroda reiterated that a weaker Yen is positive for the Japanese economy as it would help the nation’s exports to pick up.

The US Department of Labor reported earlier that the number of individuals filing for initial jobless benefits in the week ending Oct. 11 dropped by 23,000 to 264,000 from the previous week’s total of 287,000.

Analysts had expected jobless claims to rise by 3,000 to 290,000 last week, and the upbeat report bolstered the dollar by fuelling hopes that the US economy continues to recover despite potholes here and there.

In addition, the Federal Reserve of Philadelphia said its manufacturing index dropped to 20.7 this month from 22.5 in September, less than market expectations for a decline to 20.0.

The greenback also saw support after US President Barack Obama said on Wednesday that the country's Center for Disease Control and Prevention would send rapid response teams to any new suspected Ebola cases in the US Mr. Obama's comments came after the infection of a second Texas healthcare worker.

On Friday, the US is to round up the week with reports on building permits and housing starts, as well as a preliminary report on consumer sentiment.

(COZ forex UK)
dwang

Re: COZfx: USD/JPY gains on solid US jobless claims report

Postby pasbanseo20 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 am

Software engineers apply the principles of engineering to the design, development, maintenance, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers or anything containing software work

Farasat
pasbanseo20

Postby Boshka » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:45 am

The USD/JPY always gives great opportunities to both bulls and bears. Here is a general down trend though, I'm gonna open a buy today.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:09 am

The USD/JPY goes up as always, but a little bit slowly, and pull-backs are more serious than they used to be, but at the same time that means better opportunities for bears.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:27 pm

The USD/JPY is falling strongly, but I think it will stop at about 123.80th level, as the support is rather strong too.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:50 am

The USD/JPY is going up very slowly after a significant fall. I'm opening a long-term buy here today with my patience.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:01 am

The USD/JPY seems to be in the phase of stagnation. I guess I should give this pair up for a while.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:42 pm

The USD/JPY market has fallen slightly down again, but now it seems to recover an up trend, so we'd better buy here.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:29 am

The USD/JPY is on the way up, but it looks as if it's going to make a pull-back. I'm going to use it, so I'm opening a sell right away.

Boshka

Postby orni308 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 pm

The pair has been down a bit but still its better to hold on to the pair as things might turn around.
orni308

Next

Return to Dive Deeper - Forex News and Fundamental Analysis