Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

COZforex: GBP/USD weekly outlook, unexpectedly weak US nonfa

Dive deeper into the fundamentals of the market. If you come across any major Forex related news item or wish to share your opinions and ideas related to the local or global economy, this forum is the place for you. Share the news and views about Fundamental Analysis and economic events here.

COZforex: GBP/USD weekly outlook, unexpectedly weak US nonfa

Postby dwang » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:49 am

COZfx: The dollar dropped against the pound on Friday after an unexpectedly weak US nonfarm payrolls report reduced market expectations for a midyear rate hike by the Federal Reserve.

GBP/USD hit highs of 1.4945 immediately following the release of the data and was last up 0.62% at 1.4919.

The Labor Department reported that the US economy added 126,000 new jobs in March, less than half of February’s gain and the smallest increase since December 2013. Economists had forecast jobs growth of 245,000 last month.

February’s figure was revised down to 264,000 from 295,000. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at a 6.5 year lows of 5.5%, in line with forecasts.

The surprisingly weak report added to concerns over the outlook for economic growth after other recent economic data pointed to a slowdown at the start of the year.

A slowing labor market could prompt the Fed to delay a planned increase in interest rates. Last month the Fed indicated that the first rate increase could come as soon as June, but added that continued improvement in labor markets would be a key factor it would consider.

The U.S. dollar index, which measures the greenback’s strength against a trade-weighted basket of six major currencies, dropped 0.95% to 96.84. The index ended the week down 0.74%, its third straight weekly decline.

The drop in the dollar was exacerbated by thin trading conditions due to the Easter holiday weekend. Most markets in Europe were closed and U.S markets traded for shortened hours.

Tuesday’s report on UK services sector growth and Thursday’s rate announcement by the Bank of England will also be in focus.

(COZ forex UK)
dwang

Re: COZforex: GBP/USD weekly outlook, unexpectedly weak US n

Postby aliza » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:04 pm

Well, decided to make a change and I think the newer version is better, especially with the new tool about the strength meter based on the recent economic releases on the fundamental outlook section.

Any feedbacks would be appreciated.
[url=http://www.checkersaga.com]www.checkersaga.com[/url]
aliza

Postby orni308 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:31 pm

the pair has moved a bit up but still we have to wait for the election results to see any further course of action.
orni308

Postby Boshka » Sat May 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I have decided to close this deal, because a growth of GBP/USD is expected now, and decline achieved its low limit.
Boshka

Postby Boshka » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:33 am

It is much worse with this pair. I cannot take a responsibility to point out how the price will move over the week.
Boshka

Postby Boshka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm

Since the middle of this trade week I was confident that price wouldn’t increase. But according to some reasons which I couldn’t announce now don’t close the deal.
Boshka

Postby Boshka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:20 pm

The GBP/USD ended last week with 1.5602, I guess there will be an up trend at the opening of the market.
Boshka

Postby Boshka » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:37 am

The GBP/USD market started going down, so it's definitely the right time today to stay short a little.

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:37 am

The chart seems to start going down. I guess it's time to open a buy. My target will be at 1.5505, I'll set a SL at 1.5630

Boshka

Postby Boshka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:12 am

The GBP/USD were a good scalpers' place before falling significantly. Now it seems to go further down, and it seems to be rational to open a long-term sell here.

Boshka

Next

Return to Dive Deeper - Forex News and Fundamental Analysis