Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

What do I do when a good trade goes the bad way...

Is it a break time from serious trading? If so, then relax and chill out. This sub-forum is to talk about anything but Forex. Let it be your interests, hobbies, politics, art, psychology or anything. Anything does not mean things which may be objectionable to others in general. So chill out :)

Re: What do I do when a good trade goes the bad way...

Postby diksi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:00 am

If a good trading strategy stopped working and started going the wrong way, I see only two options, the first - pause and just rest for a while. The second - re examine your trading strategy and maybe correct it a bit.
diksi

Postby sabakanwal » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:44 pm

I would recommend using stop loss strategy so if on a bad day when good trades went bad we still have the option to cut our losses earlier before loosing everything.
sabakanwal

Postby FrankByMonster » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 am

That's classic video. I love it =) And yeah, you shouldn't be sad. Shit happens but just keep your head up and move on
FrankByMonster

Postby Charles » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:23 pm

If a good deal turns into an unprofitable one, then I try to close it and fixate the losses, but not always, sometimes it makes sense to wait for the moment when everything gets better.
Charles

Postby Sininfinity » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:27 am

Well if you are in a good trade then try to bring your stop loss at breakeven or at few positive pips. That way even if things go wrong then a good trade won't turn bad.
FXOptimax.com - Spread from 0 pips, Promotions
Sininfinity

Postby sabakanwal » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:32 pm

In fact it happens when even a good trade went wrong so i think that we need not to over trade but better take some time relaxing and reviewing the mistakes so that the same should not be repeated in future.
sabakanwal

Postby diksi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Even the best trading startegies can fail sometimes. Forex is an unstable thing. The important thing is not to try getting the money you lost in the heat of the moment.
diksi

Postby uasha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:06 pm

Forex can't always bring joy and satisfaction. Sometimes you just might be tired and you need to have some rest. Another good idea would be to try changing assets or strategy.
uasha

Previous

Return to Coffee or Beer !!!