Forex Forum to Share, Discuss, Communicate and Trade Forex

Small steps in the long journey ...

Is it a break time from serious trading? If so, then relax and chill out. This sub-forum is to talk about anything but Forex. Let it be your interests, hobbies, politics, art, psychology or anything. Anything does not mean things which may be objectionable to others in general. So chill out :)

Small steps in the long journey ...

Postby Himanshu » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:55 am

Forex trading has been my passion for long. It was somewhere in the year 2007 when in the evening I was sitting in front of my laptop with a smile, seeing couple of my positions hitting bulls eye that a thought came to my mind. A thought about starting a small website. It was nothing big and just a site with a couple pages and I was thinking about it purely as a hobby.

Well, to be honest I did not have any experience with website etc. I just started putting my thoughts on a paper. Over the coming days that one paper became two and five and then a complete notebook. It was all what i wanted to put into the website, the basic layout and design and all. I, then realized that this will be a website of not less than 10 to 15 pages (well, it turned out to be some hundreds of pages). Well, lauouts and the color schemes and finding a development company to outsource the development work and all... now when i think of those old good days, I have to smile.

ForexAbode is quite new in comparision to most of the well established Forex sites but today I have a satisfaction that it is The Fastest growing website today (launched in November 2009 so little over one and a half years). Yesterday was another small step in the long journey when we crossed the barrier of Alexa traffic ranking of 100,000. The last week, average traffic ranking was close to 62,000. I wish to thank everyone for their support. to people whom we don't know but they write to us appreciating the analysis and other things. Thanks everyone, Your support and suggestions and complaints ( :P )will take this site of yours a long way. You will find an altogether changed status of FA within next one year. That's a promise

Download Alexa Tool Bar

Himanshu

Re: Small steps in the long journey ...

Postby Himanshu » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:53 am

We started of with a mission to share as much as possible with the Forex traders. The mission and vision is also to share as much as possible without any cost. The recent addition of sharing the real trading position is an addition to that as we have seen that there are some websites which give this kind of facilities by charging some amount of money. Well, every one needs returns but we do not wish to have those from retail traders who are begining their trading career and may be losing the money which is the cost to learn the ropes.

The visitor clount is continuosly increasing and we wish to thank you all.

ForexAbode.com has visitors from 139 countries and the break-up of country wise % of visitors is as follows:

Download Alexa Tool Bar
Himanshu

Postby Himanshu » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 am

When we say that ForexAbode.com is globally one of the fastest growing Forex sites, we say it with a deep bow to all our members who are our supporters and who make it happen. Yes, it is YOU. In fact we try to avoid to say that it IS the fastest growing site.

Your site has broken over the top 20,000 global ranking (overall Alexa ranking and not just Forex Sites) and as per the initial estimate we have reached the level of top 20 Forex sites globally (Source Alexa). The other 19 include not just the Forex Information and Analysis portals but also some of the top Forex brokers.

Thank you once again. Be Here, Own IT.

Himanshu

Postby Dominator4fx » Sun May 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Himanshu wrote:When we say that ForexAbode.com is globally one of the fastest growing Forex sites, we say it with a deep bow to all our members who are our supporters and who make it happen. Yes, it is YOU. In fact we try to avoid to say that it IS the fastest growing site.

Your site has broken over the top 20,000 global ranking (overall Alexa ranking and not just Forex Sites) and as per the initial estimate we have reached the level of top 20 Forex sites globally (Source Alexa). The other 19 include not just the Forex Information and Analysis portals but also some of the top Forex brokers.

Thank you once again. Be Here, Own IT.

Indeed it is a good thing to know that the site is now popular with many traders worldwide.
Still i mist say that every site needs more good members to be able to come up in the top rankings 8-)
MAYZUS Investment Company
Dominator4fx

Postby Himanshu » Tue May 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Dominator4fx wrote:
Indeed it is a good thing to know that the site is now popular with many traders worldwide.
Still i mist say that every site needs more good members to be able to come up in the top rankings 8-)

Yeah, you are right... but then as it goes, those few good ones should also come with a lot of patience and with the passion to create something good. The challenge is always that you would have a lot of people coming easily to sell something in such forums but it is always difficult to have people who come ahead with the passion to build something.

Some one can build a platform (like this) and building is just the beginning because actual building needs to keep on having the "ing" at the end and should never end up as "built".

Hope that some people will come to the front and make a difference by trying to make it a better place.
Himanshu

Postby richardgere » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Today I see your this post. This is such a nice thought I appreciate your thinking process. This is not a small step in the long journey. I think this a huge step for a big success of your journey.
richardgere

Postby kevin101forex » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:53 pm

richardgere wrote:Today I see your this post. This is such a nice thought I appreciate your thinking process. This is not a small step in the long journey. I think this a huge step for a big success of your journey.

Yeah, I agree.
kevin101forex

Postby highway » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 am

Himanshu wrote:Some one can build a platform (like this) and building is just the beginning because actual building needs to keep on having the "ing" at the end and should never end up as "built".

I like your point and I am totally agree. So this is all about the real long journey cause system always needs some improvement.
highway

Postby jacks786 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:08 am

Hi all,

During long journey never become friendly with your co-passenger.And always kept your eye open.

Thankyou
jacks786

Postby Himanshu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:47 am

jacks786 wrote:Hi all,

During long journey never become friendly with your co-passenger.And always kept your eye open.

Thank you

No arguments but I like to have it other way round that try to be friendly with all your co-passengers because ultimately life is a journey and not a way to reach a destination. If you pass that journey with suspicions about everyone around you then you end up messing the time of your journey to reach to the destination which is nothing but a full stop :)
Himanshu

Next

Return to Coffee or Beer !!!